It is fruitful and flexible if you choose massage therapy as your career. Attending a massage therapy school can guarantee you a rewarding and exciting career. Currently, the employment of massage therapists is increasing in the United States. More than 300 massage therapy institutes are now recognized in the United States. You must know how much is massage therapy school pay.
According to the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics) Professional Outlook Handbook, the employment of massage therapists could increase by 16% between 2021 and 2029. This figure is expected to grow much faster than average. There were approximately 166,700 massage therapists in the United States in 2019, which is currently growing and is expected to increase by 34,400 jobs by 2029.
Costs of Massage Therapy School
- Of course, it can be expensive if you want to take higher education. The cost of tuition per hour of training in massage therapy school is between $ 6 – $ 17. You may need to take about 500 to 600 hours of training to become a massage and bodywork licensed therapist after passing the MBLEX to the Board of Health. In that case, if you want to calculate the cost of 500 to 600 hours, it can be from $ 3000 to $ 10200.
- In addition to the tuition fees, you need to find something more. These include the price of a massage table and table linen, the application fee, the price of creams and lotions, and the cost of other study materials and textbooks. Also, of course, the cost of licensing is included separately.
- There are some options for you when it comes to paying fees, although the terms of paying fees are similar for different schools. You can pay your full training fee if you want. There is also an opportunity to pay a monthly fee according to the course. You can agree to pay the fee after completing the course in consultation with the school authorities or at any time until the end of the course; you can pay it according to your pay.
- You must verify the terms before paying the fee that will be appropriate for you, as these terms may affect your total expenses.
- In massage therapy school, students learn in a particular classroom where they are taught about the body and how it works. They learn about the circulatory system, muscles, and bones by massaging clients. They also take classes about the body’s structure and how it functions. Students practice their skills by working with clients, like family members and people from the community who volunteer to help.
- The students also learn important things like how to keep clients comfortable and respect their privacy. They learn how to use clean and safe techniques. They even learn about how to solve problems and make good choices in their work. They need to be professional and do their job with honesty and kindness.
- In massage therapy school, students also learn different types of massages. They learn about massages from Asia and special massages for older people. They also learn about a popular massage called Swedish massage. They even have a lesson about the differences between Thai and Swedish massage.
- So, in massage therapy school, students learn about the body, practice their skills on clients, and learn about different types of massages. It’s an exciting and helpful program that teaches them how to make people feel good and relaxed.
Related: How to Massage Neck Pain Yourself
Financial support for fees
- Financial aid is a way to get money if you need help paying for massage therapy school. One good option is federal financial aid (FAFSA), which can help you pay your fees. It has different types, like loans, work-study, and scholarships. The best thing is that you don’t have to repay this later.
- Massage therapy schools approved for federal aid can give you this financial help if you qualify. You can check the school you want to attend and see if they can give you this kind of aid. Many other colleges offer federal aid or scholarships to help students pay for school.
Career Opportunities in Massage Therapy
After you finish massage school, there are many excellent jobs you can choose from! One job is being a massage therapist. As a skilled massage therapist, you can use unique techniques that can effectively relax muscles and bring about a sense of happiness and well-being in your clients. Some massage therapists work in fancy places called spas, where they help people relax and feel calm. Others work in hospitals, where they help people who are sick or hurt. You could even have your massage place one day and be your boss! There are lots of ways you can use your massage skills to make people feel good and stay healthy!
A massage therapist can earn more than $ 71,000 a year by his earnings. This means that a massage therapist can earn many times more in one year than he spends on his course. It can be a heavy and successful step in your life. That means high efficiency at a low cost. Massage therapy school fees may indeed be higher for many, but this profession will give you a chance to earn a living and give you a chance to live a healthier and higher life.